Taurus 444MULTI M444 UltraLite 6RD 44MAG 4"
This Item is Currently Out of Stock
Taurus 444MULTI M444 UltraLite 6RD 44MAG 4"
This super light, six-shot Multi Alloy Revolver will accompany you on more hunts than any other hunting companion. Destined to be as familiar as your sheath knife, this is the Hip Carry® that will give you comfort if you're hunting big game or fishing in a bear-laden stream. At just 28 ounces you won't even notice it's there until you need it.
Model 2-444041ULT Condition Factory New Bud's Item # 11881 UPC 725327351252
Finish Black Type Revolver Action Single/Double Caliber 44 Remington Magnum Barrel Length 4" Capacity 6 Safety Taurus Security System Grips Black Sights Fiber Optic Weight 28.3 oz
Finish Snakeskin Type Rifle Action Not Valid Caliber 45 Glock Automatic Pistol (GAP) Barrel Length 16" Capacity 27+1 Safety 3 Safeties Grips Mother of Pearl Sights Adjustable Rear Weight 28.3 oz *Please Note!! Many of our pictures are stock photo's provided to us by the manufacturer and do not necessarily represent the actual item being purchased. Please verify this picture accurately reflects the product described by the title and description on this page before you place your order.
Customer Reviews 3 Customer Reviews Average 4.3 out of 5 Daniel C I really like this revolver. I have put about 500 rounds through it in the past year without any issues. I bought it for backpacking because it is light and might be able to stop a bear. It is very light for its size. I have carried it hundreds of miles in the back country with a good pancake holster and approve of it. It has been to the top of several 14ers and many 13ers in the Rockys. Basically, it can take use and abuse within reason. It is very accurate and the sights are easy to get on target. I had to add loctite to the mounting screw on the rear sight because it would get a little loose after about 70 miles on my hip but not a deal breaker at all. The sights are easily adjustable and stay on target even after abuse. At the range cheap target ammo does not kick that bad but high quality .44 magnum ammo does have a good kick to it but it is still manageable. The rubber grips help to absorb the recoil. .44 special high or low quality ammo does not kick much at all. The trigger in single action is crisp, short and predictable, in double action it is long and hard but at the end of the trigger pull is weaker and predictable. I am accurate with single action but double is tougher. Remember that the gun is titanium and aluminum, you have to be more gentle cleaning it and don't over tighten screws into the frame. Also, the barrel is only removable by Taurus due to the aluminum frame. The only pitfall so far is it looks like the hammer hits or has hit the frame leaving some denting. I'm not sure how this happened or if it is still continuing (has not affected functionality) but it has hit the right side of the frame a little. Overall I would suggest this gun if you are looking for a light weight .44 to carry. It is cheaper than the S&W equivalent but seems to be of good quality and reliable. 4 years ago Matthew P I work as a guide in the backcountry and I bought this gun because it's lightweight and has the kind of power I need to stop a bear. When I received the gun it was incredibly dirty. There was even a dust bunny hanging off the end of the barrel. There was also a couple of gouges out of the metal around the firing pin area and some scratches on the front of the cylinder. I'm using this as a utility gun so I was not too concerned about the aesthetics of it. It was still in a functioning condition. The gun is a solid shooter and shoots accurately once you get the sights dialed in. It is a little bit to control, but I find that it will shoot better when treated a little more gently. Loosen your grip and don't be afraid it will jump out of your hand.
- The spent casings are getting jammed in the cylinder. Not sure of the reason, although I will make absolutley sure there is no debris in the cylinder next time I shoot it. Let's hope that's the cause of the jamming.
- The cartridge discharge plunger loosened up so much the first time I shot it that it came apart and needed to be put back together. If this keeps happening I will try applying loc-tite.
- The pressure for the spring on the cylinder lock is too much and it's a pain to get open quickly (Not good if you open carry in California where you can't keep your pistol loaded!!!). I will see if I can have a gunsmith outfit it with a new spring.
- This gun is incredibly light and feels like it weighs as much as my Smith 642 .38 snubbie. It's a great gun if you want a little extra security in the backcountry.
- Bud's Gun Shop has great customer service and shipped in a timely manner. I will be dealing with them in the future, however, I am a little disappointed that the weapon was not in better condition when I received it. 6 years ago Show More Reviews...