CIA RI2087-N N-PAP Hi-Cap 30+1 7.62x39mm 16.25" CIA RI2087-N N-PAP Hi-Cap 30+1 7.62x39mm 16.25"
Made in the same factory the produced top quality rifles for former Yugoslavia like the M70B1 and M70AB2, this manufactured N-PAP rifles are the civilian version of the M70 series. These beauties are the latest imports from the world famous Zastava factory.
Model RI2087N Condition Factory New Bud's Item # 83742 UPC 787450220782
Specifications Action Semi-Automatic Caliber 7.62X39 Bbl Length 16.3" Capacity 30+1 Trigger Standard Safety Lever OAL 36.25" Weight 7.7 lbs Stock Wood Finish Black *Please Note!! Many of our pictures are stock photo's provided to us by the manufacturer and do not necessarily represent the actual item being purchased. Please verify this picture accurately reflects the product described by the title and description on this page before you place your order.
Customer Reviews 30 Customer Reviews Average 4.7 out of 5 Alexander T The Zastava N-PAP is new production made in Serbia and imported by Century. This is the "Gen 2" version, which comes with a Tapco trigger, side rail for mounting a scope and the proper bolt carrier for double stack magazines. Mine came with a new Tapco and a refurbished metal 30-round magazines.
The gun came relatively clean, although I would recommend cleaning the gun anyway. Mine had no metal shavings as others stated, but a couple of oil stains that were easily removed with a solvent. The furniture is nice and does not have a blemish, the finish of the gun is nice and even. Tight fit, nothing rattles, the safety is tight but easily operable with the thumb. Magazines fit tight and there is no wobble... mag release will need to loosen up a little before I can do one-handed reloads.
One of my fears was the stock... since the rifle doesn't accept standard AK stocks, I was concerned about the stock been to big for me, but it fits me perfectly: placing stock on shoulder and then bringing the stock to my face, not my face to the stock. The sight picture is clear and my face is not on the back of the receiver (as I have to do with my Polish with a wire stock).
Another issue for some is the non-chrome lined barrel. I clean my guns after every shooting session and do not intend to run corrosive ammo thru this, so not an issue for me.
Overall, I am very satisfied with the N-PAP... it feels solid in your hands, well built and the fit and finish is nicer than most entry-level AKs I've seen/shoot. Between this and a WASR, I would go with the N-PAP. The only downside I see is the non-standard parts (i.e. stock, dust cover, etc.). 10 hours ago stewart a First off The gun itself is very well built, feels heavy but fits in hands. The high cheek buttstock is not needed for you cannot look down the sights properly without getting ravaged with the wood buttstock in your face. The metal mag that came with it will not allow for the gun to feed. The carrier gets stuck on the top of the mag where the metal curls over the brass! Not a big deal, magpuls worked fine, a little snug but worked. The other poly mag that came with the gun worked as well, but I just use magpuls for now. Once upon receiving the gun at the FFL I noticed metal shavings everywhere inside the gun. Not a big deal for I always clean before I shoot but you think this would be an easy fix for a company. So to sum this part up:
1. Long shipping for 1 state away
2. Beautiful gun, metal, hardware
3. Metal shavings in barrel and everywhere else inside
4. 1 out of 2 mags worked
5. CANTED sights!!!! cannot hit the broad side of a 40ft barn or just a 12x12 from 25yrds (I get to bore sight it now)
6. Feels like you are being punched in the face when you shoot it!
7. Shoots functions
8. Only feed problem was due to that one magazine! All others worked fine and shot Tulammo
9. Grips were surprising comfortable, I have a magpul but I most likely won't even put on
10. The buttstock seems like it was made for a smaller person, I am 6'1" and it seems very short, doesn't sit right
11. Canted sights might just make me upgrade to a sight which I did not want to do on this AK, I just wanted to use iron!
12. Got lifetime warranty, might send it back if the canted sights cannot be fixed
13. Not happy the company did not zero the gun, quality control seems to be slacking with the sights, metal shavings 5 days ago Show More Reviews...