LifeStraw This Product Is Amazing!!
Features & Benefits
- Filters 1000 liters (264 gallons) of water
- Removes 99.99999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 7 reduction)
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction)
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Ultralight: weighs only 2oz!
- Contains no chemicals (and is BPA-free), uses no batteries, has no moving parts
- Very high flow rate
- Easy to clean
- Very durable
- Used worldwide in harsh conditions since 2005
- Award winning & internationally recognized
- 1 year manufacturer's warranty
What LifeStraw removes/filters:
LifeStraw filters down to an incredible, 0.2 microns in size! This removes virtually all the bacteria (99.99999%) and protozoa (99.9%) from contaminated water, and reduces turbidity (muddiness) by filtering out suspended particles.
Bacteria removed include:
- Escherichia coli,
- Vibrio cholerae,
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa,
Protozoa removed include:
- Giardia lamblia ("Beaver Fever")
- Cryptosporidium Parvum
- Entamoeba histolytica.
Please note: The LifeStraw currently does not filter heavy metals or viruses, and will not desalinate water.
- Length: 9 inches
- Width: 1 inch
- Weight: 2 ounces
- Construction: durable plastic. Does not require replacement parts or batteries, or any chemicals.
- Capacity: filters 264 gallons (1000 liters) of water.
- Shelf Life: 3 Years when stored at room temperature (see below for more info)
- Included: Comes with a lanyard, and a cap for the mouth piece and end piece
Shelf life: Since 2005, all LifeStraws have been sent to developing countries for immediate use. Because of demand, there simply haven't been any in storage for more than 3 years, so the manufacturer has listed a shelf life of 3 years. That said, there's nothing in the LifeStraw that will decay, corrode, or "go bad", so it should be fine to store for years to come.