Reviewed By: Kevin C on 07/09/2010
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]
I've had mine for several months now and can make the following comments:
1. I bought it because it was a great price for a gun that felt very comfortable in my hand.
2. It is thin but a little heavy.
3. The slide was not as smooth when I bought it as it is now. It wears in nicely.
4. I could not release the slide with the slide lock using my thumb and one-hand hold. After breaking it in, it is no problem. My adult daughter can do it also.
4. I've stripped and reassembled it multiple times to become proficient at it. I can do it with my eyes closed using no tools.
5. I've shot it at my friends farm and it is a lot of fun to shoot. The sighting capability of that environment was not great but it does seem to shoot a little low and to the left at 5-7 yards. I plan to prove this true or false when I can take it to the range.
6. I called EAA and spoke to one of the gun smiths regarding the sights and the gun in general. He owns one and says it's a great gun. He is disappointed that the gun is not more popular for the value it represents. He confirmed what I wondered about by stating that, when he has a chance, he is going to machine some new, low-profile custom sights for it. He said it's easy to replace them with a hammer and brass punch.
7. I haven't used this for CCW yet since I have no holster and have not proven the accuracy at the range yet.
I really like this gun and will give it five stars for its good value and high quality. If you want to compare it to a gun at twice the price, then knock off one star.
Display Product Review on Full Page