By adding this item to your Wish List,
you will be notified automatically via email
when this item is back in stock.
Our Sales staff cannot forecast price or
availability of Wish List items. Calls or
emails about this item will not receive a
"Internet Purchases Only"
"Not a Retail Store Stock Item"
This item is viewable at our retail store in LEXINGTON, KY. It may be on display and is
available for immediate purchase and pick-up.
This item's price includes the cost to deliver it to your dealer. (Shipping is included in price.)
Does not cover next-day shipping.
Click to Apply for INSTANT CREDIT. Monthy Payments Shown Requires Credit Approval and Opening an Account with GE Capital.
This places a “Reserve Order” for an out of stock item. By doing this, you are reserving both the current advertised price and your position in line to receive the item from our next available shipment.
We do not guarantee your wait time. However, if your item is still not available after 90 days, and you no longer wish to wait, you may request a full refund.
Canceling a “Reserve Order” within the first 90 days will result in a 10% cancellation fee.
This item guaranteed to ship within our advertised 3 to 7 business days terms.
Standard shipping not guaranteed on this item. Possible delays up to 2 weeks.
Next Day Shipping is NOT available when:
You pay with a check, echeck, lay-a-way, or GE Money
You do not pick a valid FFL dealer we already have on file
As for value .. it’s a $161 dollar weapon that fires like a $500 one .. it feels good to fire it .. its solid and I had zero issues with it ..
I agree with al the past write-ups with the following added.,.. .
1. Gun is ugly as hell but yet has a unique style to it…
2. Grips are plastic. Just plain ol' slick plastic ... Feels thin and like it could break if you drop it -- BUT it does have a lifetime warranty on the weapon so no worries there....
3. Weapon fits my hands well…. It’s a solid heavy gun that just feels good to hold. Yes its heavy - but heck its a .45 and with my eyes closed seems to weigh the same as my neighbors 1911 … have no idea where they got the weight of 3.2 pounds that they advertise since it’s about a pound and a half heavier with ammo ... gun emptied weighed in at over 4.1 pounds...
4. NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT .. The safety on the gun is awkward .. its small .. very small ... does not protrude nearly far enough out and is SMALL to find … and probably a little difficult to find if the adrenaline is flowing ... and the plastic that borders the safety is sharp and will scrap your thumb up ...
5. The magazine is flimsy .. I mean -- thin with sharp thin edges on top of the rail that you load bullets into .. I know they did this to keep pricing down … but man if you are not careful you could crush the magazine if you set on it or squeezed it tightly … also after loading 250 rounds my thumb was shot and actually cut up pretty good from the edges on top of all the Hi-Point magazines .....
6. After firing the last round you have to physically pull the slide to load the next round from the new magazine .. no one handed firing ...
7. Trigger guard perfectly placed ... fits my hand perfectly
8. Good feel on the trigger pull .. solid .. deliberate ...
9. Good sights .. easy to adjust although I was hitting the bulleye at 25 meters out of the box ...
10. Weapon had much less kick then my .357 revolver or my .40 auto
11. Suggest you purchase the magazines directly from Hi-Point .. its $15 and includes shipping in the price .. i could not find them any cheaper anywhere ..
Now for the firing ... man this thing rocks .. fired 250 rounds through it with ZERO errors ... you MUST give it a good cleaning and lube PRIOR to using though .. you can tell that Hi-Point uses minimal lubricant and not the good stuff either ...
I babied the weapon for the first 20 rounds mainly to get a good site picture and then after that fired as many as fast s i could .. zero issues .. recoil is surprising low...
I buy all my weapons from Buds .. they always beat everyone’s prices -- and they have great service .. BUT with that said .. I did a Direct Deposit from my bank to theirs on a Thursday .. they pulled the money on that same Thursday from my account .. and then did not mail the weapon until a week later the following Thursday via UPS which means that it was not delivered to my FFL until the following Monday (UPS does not work weekends) ... not a big deal but its hard to wait for new toys .. especially if they already have your money and it’s just sitting there ..
I did purchase a FOBUS paddle holster on Amazon for the weapon .. I will tell you this will NEVER be my CCW (I have a Taurus .40 for that) .. the Hi-Point is too heavy and too big to try to do a CCW … but for $161 I can just keep this in the truck and not worry about losing it or really having to baby it …
With all the above said .. so far it seems to be a $161 dollar weapon that delivers bullets accurately and lethally downrange just as well as any $500 .45 would…