||After months of reading reviews and drooling over this gun I finally pulled the trigger and got one for myself. This is my 5th pistol and my 1st Ruger (others include Beretta 92FS, two Bersa Thunder Plus .380s, and a Walther P22) so I have some basis for comparison. Here's my breakdown:
- Very comfortable grip. The gun points great and it fits my medium sized hands perfectly. The two different magazines it comes with give you varying sizes of grip for either range shooting or CCW (which is why I got it). Also has adjustable backstrap. Nice!
- Easy to field strip. All you need is a pen and you can take it down as much as you should reasonably need to.
- Dual recoil spring takes a lot of the muzzle rise out of it which helps you stay accurate, no matter what magazine size you are using.
- The finish on the SS version is immaculate. Wish my Bersa had a finish as nice as this.
- Magazine release is easy to reach and functions flawlessly.
- Trigger is smooth as butter.
- Per the instructions, you can dry fire this thing all day as long as you've got a magazine in it. Very useful for breaking it in and getting used to trigger pull, trigger break, slide tension, etc. Also saves you needing Snap Caps. (Note: trigger doesn't reset while dry firing so you will have to work the slide for it to reset. This is only while dry firing - functions great with live ammo)
- Lighter than the Beretta 92FS but still hefty enough to feel substantial in your hands.
- Good sights. Easy to line up on target even in poor lighting.
- The slide action is pretty dang stiff. My wife couldn't pull it back enough to chamber a round. Guess she'll be sticking with the Bersa .380. Anyway, the stiffness is due to the double recoil spring. It's a trade off, but be prepared for it.
- Due to the stiff action, the slide release will not function without using your free hand to pull back the slide a bit. I prefer being able to hit the slide release and chamber a round one handed, so this kinda messes with my groove. That's kinda tough to get over. Hoping it will loosen up a bit after more use.
As you can see, the Pros greatly outweight the Cons and I'm leaving out a few minor Pros as well. This is my new favorite pistol and the one I will carry most often. Highly recommend it.
Side note: Buds was great. Quick and painless as always.
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]