By adding this item to your Wish List,
you will be notified automatically via email
when this item is back in stock.
Our Sales staff cannot forecast price or
availability of Wish List items. Calls or
emails about this item will not receive a
"Internet Purchases Only"
"Not a Retail Store Stock Item"
This item is viewable at our retail store in LEXINGTON, KY. It may be on display and is
available for immediate purchase and pick-up.
This item's price includes the cost to deliver it to your dealer. (Shipping is included in price.)
Does not cover next-day shipping.
Click to Apply for INSTANT CREDIT. Monthy Payments Shown Requires Credit Approval and Opening an Account with GE Capital.
This places a “Reserve Order” for an out of stock item. By doing this, you are reserving both the current advertised price and your position in line to receive the item from our next available shipment.
We do not guarantee your wait time. However, if your item is still not available after 90 days, and you no longer wish to wait, you may request a full refund.
Canceling a “Reserve Order” within the first 90 days will result in a 10% cancellation fee.
This item guaranteed to ship within our advertised 3 to 7 business days terms.
Standard shipping not guaranteed on this item. Possible delays up to 2 weeks.
Next Day Shipping is NOT available when:
You pay with a check, echeck, lay-a-way, or GE Money
You do not pick a valid FFL dealer we already have on file
American Tactical 522PKB10 GSG522 522 Pistol 22LR 4.5" 10+1 [GERG522PKB10]
by David H
Date Added: Friday 29 June, 2012
I just got back from shooting this for the first time.
Here are my thoughts:
- It's absolutely awesome and fun. Moreso after a few upgrades and additions I've made. Read on.
- For a 'pistol' it's (heavy) difficult to hold it out in a shooting position and be accurate using the typical grip for pistols. What worked best for me was to place my weak/nondominant hand out front on the foregrip.
- Using a 3-point sling helps make holding this 'pistol' easier and more accurate/steady. The sling I bought is a Specter Gear HK Series CQB.
- The listing for this gun indicates a 22 round capacity. WRONG. It only comes with a 10 round magazine !! I've since bought four 22 round magazines.
- GSG/American Tactical have left key and important features off of this gun many of which are recommended by other sources on the web:
* Screw upgrade.
* Push pin upgrade.
* Aluminum picatinny scope rail (the plastic one that comes on the GSG is inferior and unstable).
* Rear sling mount end cap.
* Front sling mount ring (in the GSG 5 conversion kit).
- As a result of the HK lawsuit, the non-HK open top front sight that now comes on the GSG-522's is garbage. I purchased a GSG 5 conversion kit from eBay that let me replace it with the original GSG HK replica ring sight that is much better.
- It would be nice if the front sight peg could be replaced/upgraded with real HK or similar fiber optic pegs. I've drilled mine out and made my own fiber optic front sight peg using TruGlo 0.095 fibers. The GSG conversion kit comes with extra sight pegs.
- Additionally I've added a picatinny rail foregrip and put a tactical flashlight/laser combo on it and to the main picatinny rail on top I've added a holographic TruGlo sight. Uber tacti-cool.
Overall, I love this gun. It's an absolute blast to shoot. It gets attention at the range. It's awesome TV bad guy MP5 looks belie the fact that it's just a little .22LR.
NOTE and BEWARE: A collapsable butt stock and/or vertical fore grip would certainly make this 'pistol' much easier to shoot, more accurate, etc… However, the vertical fore grip makes it an AOW (Any Other Weapon) and the collapsable butt stock makes it a SBR (Short Barreled Rifle). AOW's and SBR's are Class 3 Title 2 weapons. In order to add these you'd need to do the ATF NFA Form 1 paperwork and pay the 'taxes' (er fees) for AOW $5.00 and SBR $200.00. You can't even own the things to make it a SBR or AOW without doing the paper work and paying the "taxes" first. If you don't do the paperwork it's a felony.