[3 of 5 Stars!]I work as a guide in the backcountry and I bought this gun because it's lightweight and has the kind of power I need to stop a bear. When I received the gun it was incredibly dirty. There was even a dust bunny hanging off the end of the barrel. There was also a couple of gouges out of the metal around the firing pin area and some scratches on the front of the cylinder. I'm using this as a utility gun so I was not too concerned about the aesthetics of it. It was still in a functioning condition. The gun is a solid shooter and shoots accurately once you get the sights dialed in. It is a little bit to control, but I find that it will shoot better when treated a little more gently. Loosen your grip and don't be afraid it will jump out of your hand.
- The spent casings are getting jammed in the cylinder. Not sure of the reason, although I will make absolutley sure there is no debris in the cylinder next time I shoot it. Let's hope that's the cause of the jamming.
- The cartridge discharge plunger loosened up so much the first time I shot it that it came apart and needed to be put back together. If this keeps happening I will try applying loc-tite.
- The pressure for the spring on the cylinder lock is too much and it's a pain to get open quickly (Not good if you open carry in California where you can't keep your pistol loaded!!!). I will see if I can have a gunsmith outfit it with a new spring.
- This gun is incredibly light and feels like it weighs as much as my Smith 642 .38 snubbie. It's a great gun if you want a little extra security in the backcountry.
- Bud's Gun Shop has great customer service and shipped in a timely manner. I will be dealing with them in the future, however, I am a little disappointed that the weapon was not in better condition when I received it.Show More Reviews...