Reviewed By: Phil M on 10/18/2012
Rating: [4 of 5 Stars!]
I ordered 2 of these a couple of weeks ago, and they arrived right around when Bud said they would. Getting them to my FFL was a snap, as Bud already had my FFL in his system. So as for BudsGunShop.com, I have no complaints and was very satisfied. However, I did have a couple issues with the gun itself.
1. Each came packaged in its own hard plastic case with 2 mags, a flexible lock, barrel tool, a couple allen wrenches, and a packet of lube. Presentation = A- (if they'd put a picture of a pretty girl inside the box I'd have given an A :P)
2. The gun looked clean on the outside, felt nice and tight and action flowed smoothly. Construction = A
3. ... however it was dirty inside. I'm glad they test fired it, but couldn't clean it afterward? Attention to detail = B
3. Took one of them down the the range the first time and my first 15 shots were all over the page. Discovered that the rear sight was waaaaay lose, and sliding back and forth between each shot. In addition, out of 200 rnds, 3 times the slide failed to lock to the rear upon emptying a mag. Quality control = C (though I admit, I checked everything BUT the sights when I picked it up at the dealer)
4. After finding the problem with the sight, once I started pushing the sight to the right before every shot, I got a nice tight shot group at 10 yds. Moreover, I was using cheap aluminum case ammo, and I can't get 8 of them to go through my old .45 without one jamming, but the Para didn't jam once, which was a pleasant surprise. Performance = A
5. The grips are VERY aggressive, and after 200 rnds the side of my thumb was getting sore. Plus, I had to shift my hold somewhat from what I'm used to, and the mag release button kept catching the side of my support side thumb, so that thumb was also sore. Comfort = B
6. Got home, called Para to talk about the sights, and the rep was very professional, and I was perfectly satisfied with the service he provided. Sent me an RMA and shipping label immediately so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping. Service = A
On the whole, I'd say I was pleased with my purchase from Para, but I can't say everything was 100% perfect.