Reviewed By: Wayne B on 06/24/2013
Rating: [3 of 5 Stars!]
1. Front action screw hole in plastic trigger guard found to be cracked from the screw hole to the outer edge of the guard. Savage sent a new one and with a reminder that the action screws should be torqued no more than 25lbs.
2. Received new trigger guard and torqued action screws at 25lbs with a Wheeler torque driver.
3. Fired three factory rounds, first two where touching at 100 yards and the third was an odd flyer. Felt a rough spot in the web of my trigger hand. Looked and found the stock had cracked / delaminated behind the action.
4. Magazine very hard to seat which is very worrisome since it is only held in place by a thin plastic toggle.
5. if it will stop falling apart, I think it may be a good shooter