First of all Buds ordering process and service was outstanding which has always been my experience. Delivered to my local gun shop and gun looked great. All of my experience with Buds was a 5 rating. Now, I must share my first shooting experience at the range:
1. Loaded five Federal,FMJ rounds, 125 gr. (gun was cleaned the night before)
2. Shot two rounds with surprising accuracy and more surprising was the low recoil
3. Shot the third round, click but no boom. Pulled for fourth and fifth and again, no boom.
4. Range officer came over and gave me a rag and suggested that I clean under the star and remove some excess oil which I did.
5. Loaded five and shot two in target bullseye. Excited now until the third clicked, but did not fire. Tried to lock cylinder in place and shot fourth and fifth time, but no fire.
6. Range officer came over and saw some metal shaving on the table.
7. He opened cylinder and saw that the shaving came from just below the cone, the aluminum cylinder locking area. At that point,he said he could not let me shoot the gun anymore which For safety concerns I absolutely agreed.
8. I shipped the gun to Smith and Wesson today requesting a replacement since the frame now could be a safety issue.
Rating: [2 of 5 Stars!]