I selected this gun for the low price point for a plinker, the fact that it should take just about any bulk ammo, and for it's relative accuracy. After putting about 300 rounds of several different types of ammo through it, the only criteria that was met was the low price point. It probably averaged between 1-4 FTF on each clip of 10. Surprisingly, the ammo I had the best luck with was Federal Bulk HPs and even went through a few mags w/ no FTFs. At 15 yrds it shot tight groups... moving out to 25yrds it was all over the place. I haven't adjusted the sights yet, so it could be a combination of that or just my inexperience with it. A couple other things worth mentioning regarding the "comfort" of handling the U22:
- I have relatively large hands and the receiver is barely long enough to be comfortable
- The 6" barrel is on the heavy side; this isn't necessarily bad - just worth mentioning
- The safety (when engaged) digs into my hand when gripping the pistol (obviously this isn't an issue when firing)
- The slide is somewhat difficult to grip (can't pull from the top)
- Disassembly isn't difficult, but I wouldn't consider it simple either (the barrel thumb screw is somewhat awkward to turn)
After cleaning & lubing it I'm hoping to have better success with it next time around.
Rating: 3 of 5 Stars!