Skip to content

shopping cart uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Details can be found in our Privacy Notice.


View Past Winners

Unanswered Questions


Ask the Community

You must log in to ask, or respond to a question
  • Community Default Avatar
    by - Lifetime Points: 23266 Chosen as Best Answer
  • no the lower is set up and sold as a Rifle you would need to buy the lower as a handgun and the stock prevents this

  • Community Default Avatar
    by - Lifetime Points: 4192
  • Cristian, You could do it, but would be a felon. The lower's serial number is registered as a rifle lower. You need a pistol lower to put a pistol upper on. Or fill out the paperwork as an SBR, pay the $200 tax stamp, wait for the paperwork to be approved and come back. Then you could put the pistol upper on this lower.

  • Community Default Avatar
    by - Lifetime Points: 60776
  • Cristian, only with an NFA Registration and $200 Tax Stamp due to the standard Shoulder Stock. A barrel less than 16 inches with this Lower is classified as a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR) by the ATF. You would be able to meet your goal with a Lower with a Brace instead of a Stock such as this :

  • Community Default Avatar
    by - Lifetime Points: 1852
  • NO, the lower (which is the firearm) must be register as a pistol and not a rifle. Moreover, it has a buttstock and not a brace which will make the installation of the short barrel upper will turn this into an NFA item (SBR) that will require a tax stamp. You need to look for pistol specific lower and brace. I hope this helps.

  • Community Default Avatar
    by - Lifetime Points: 0
  • No, I believe lowers should be marked pistol and of course not have a buttstock.

Receive Money Saving Offers

Enter your email address to receive our best deals and other store updates.

Connect With Us

Buy With Confidence

4,095,937 Customers Since 2003
1,462 Currently Online

Copyright © 2003 - 2022 All Rights Reserved. (NW3)