Hornady 83285LE .223 Remington 62 GR TAP BARRIER - Maximum Quantity: 3
**Mouse over image above to zoom any area, or click on image to zoom the entire image.
Hornady� originally developed this ammunition to meet the requirement for a high-speed, barrier penetrating bullet that could be used for nuclear power plant security. The design of the TAP® Barrier™ round allows the projectile to maintain its structural integrity while punching through barriers, yet still initiate expansion in soft tissue. For patrol carbine programs or any tactical situation where the need is for accuracy, barrier penetration, and terminal soft tissue performance, Hornady® TAP® Barrier™ ammunition is the ideal choice.
- Ballistic Coefficient: .264
- Sectional Density: .176
- Bullet Length: .795"
- Recommended Rifling Twist Rate: 1:7" to 1:12"
- Characteristics: Barrier with cannelure, Soft point
- Manufacturer's Name (Hornady) and Caliber Designation (223 REM) imprinted on case head
- Match Grade Brass Composite
POWDER & PRIMER
- Powder: Temperature stable with flash retardant
- Primer: Small rifle, Staked primer pocket
223 REM 62 GR TAP BARRIER�
Bare Gelatin: 62gr TAP 2758 fps 16" bbl.
1/9" Twist (side)
Total Penetration: 15.75", Max. Cavity: 6.0"
Depth to Max. Cavity: 5.00", Entry: 5"
Retained weight: 37 gr.
*All 223 ballistics gelatin shots were taken from 30 feet.*
- 20 rounds per box
Hornady LE ammunition may only be purchased by qualifying customers.