**Mouse over image above to zoom any area, or click on image to zoom the entire image.
Hornady 5.56 NATO 53 Grain GMX TAP Patrol
TAP Patrol is specifically designed to provide consistent and reliable
performance through the FBI protocol when fired through 14.5" – 16"
barreled 1:7 – 1:9" twist patrol rifles. The lead free GMX bullet
features a flat polymer tip, which allows it to provide “barrier blind”
performance ensuring consistent penetration depths. The flat tip design
ensures the bullet will not plug with material from the barriers and
ensures feeding through the wide variety of patrol rifle platforms. TAP
Patrol ammunition is loaded with temperature stable, low flash
propellant designed to work when you do.
POWDER & PRIMER
- Powder: Temperature stable with flash retardant, Increased powder charge to NATO specifications and pressure peak
- Primer: Staked primer pocket, Sealed primer, Small rifle milspec prime
- Ballistic Coefficient: .170
- Sectional Density: .151
- Bullet Length: .815"
- Recommended Rifling Twist Rate: 1:7" to 1:10"
- Characteristics: Tipped, copper alloy with cannelure
- 5.56 NATO