**Mouse over image above to zoom any area, or click on image to zoom the entire image.
ELEY ammunition has won more Olympic medals than any other .22 brand. It’s now time for ELEY to enter into the Winter Olympic shooting discipline with Tenex biathlon. Tenex biathlon is the first specially designed ELEY biathlon cartridge in the company’s 185 year history.
ELEY engineers and technicians have studied bullet and chambering characteristics between 0c and -20c to develop the new ELEY Tenex biathlon cartridge. Tenex biathlon benefits from the key features of Tenex, a flat nose bullet profile with superb performance and accuracy. To improve performance at low temperature the diameter of the Tenex biathlon cartridge is 0.0008 of an inch smaller than standard Tenex. This helps the cartridge chamber smoothly from the magazine through the rifle. Tenex biathlon has an increased propellant charge giving the bullet increased terminal energy and a greater knock down force needed for the biathlon target. Typically ELEY biathlon’s terminal energy is 114 joules, nearest competitor just 110 joules. Tenex biathlon also has a specially formulated lubrication for optimization at low temperature.
- Patented flat nose cartridge which has won more Olympic medals than any other cartridge
- Superb accuracy which supersedes nearest competitor
- Reduced cartridge diameter for easy chambering in -1c to -20c conditions
- Specially formulated lubricate for optimization at low temperature
- Increased Propellant charge giving the cartridge increased terminal energy and the shooter a greater target knock down force
- Terminal Energy
- tenex biathlon - 114 Joules
- Nearest competitor - 110 joules