Reviewed By: Phillip L on 02/11/2015
Rating: [4 of 5 Stars!]
1. The gun is accurate in grouping. After about 200 rounds I could put 8 rounds in about a 4\" diameter circle at 20 yds., but low and left about 3 inches from bull\'s-eye. I can adjust my targeting. After 100 rounds my partner who I purchased this weapon for put 7 shots in the kill zone of the target and 1 wound at 10 yards. She had never shot a weapon ... EVER.
2. The weapon is comfortable in my hand (medium sized male hand) but slightly on the small size. Fits my female partner\'s hand very well.
3. Price at Bud\'s was great.
4. Purchased insurance at about 1% of the weapon value, but was not needed.
5. Manual safety made both of us happy since she is inexperienced and I am not a regular shooter.
6. Light, small, easy to conceal.
1. The slide is very hard to pull back for a woman mostly due to the smaller spring having to work harder. This may be due to her tendonitis, but it definitely is a tough pull compared to my G17.
2. The slide lock (called this by S&W) is not a slide release. I have read on this from many people online after I purchased. With the slide retracted, it takes 2 thumbs with a lot of pressure to release this by pushing the slide lock only. The instruction manual stated to pull back on the slide then press the lock and let the slide release. Works well this way, but I may have purchased a different weapon for her knowing this.
3. Due to my partner having weak hands, she had a couple of casing discharge issues, until she modified her grip from what I was taught to a stronger front end control. After that only jammed at the end when her hands were tired.
For me, good weapon even with the negatives. For a person with strong hands, it would still be good. If you have weak hands, I would look for something else, with a slide release, not a lock and maybe a longer barrel so the spring would not be as tight.
Display Product Review on Full Page