Shipping & Returns
SHIPPING A FIREARM - FFL'S AND TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIPBudsGunShop.com will ONLY transfer ownership of a firearm to individuals or agencies in possession of a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL). This means we cannot ship directly to you unless you are an FFL holder.
(Click HERE to learn how to have a gun shipped near you.)
If you do not hold a valid FFL, BudsGunShop.com will transfer your purchased firearm to your choice of a licensed gun dealer in your state.
It is your responsibility:
- to ensure that a firearm is legal to own in your state. Click HERE to view State Restrictions
- to contact the FFL if they're a non preferred dealer. BudsGunShop.com preferred dealers will take any/all of our shipments without prior contact.
- to complete all required paperwork when you pick up your purchase from your local dealer
The buyer is responsible for contacting their transferring FFL to request they send a copy of their FFL to us. If you are using a Buds Preferred FFL dealer, we will already have the FFL on file.
Our contact information is as follows:
Fax : 1-800-804-5569
Firearms ship FREE at BudsGunShop.com. This excludes long guns shipping to AK, HI, and PR. Our minimum $9 shipping charge will cover most accessories orders. Whenever possible, we will combine shipping for multiple small accessories on the same order. However, because certain accessories can be drop shipped from various warehouses, the shipping rates may increase. Any accessory shipped from another warehouse will incur an additional $5.00 increase in the base shipping cost. Shipping insurance is offered at a rate of $1 per $100 of the ordered item(s) value and is optional. BudsGunShop.com is not responsible for uninsured items lost or damaged in transit. If you would like to review the total shipping charges for your order, click "checkout" to preview the order. You can preview the order including the ship to address, and the shipping charge before you click to confirm your order. The shipping and handling charge covers the cost of standard shipping. If you require expedited shipping, the shipping fees will be greater. You must contact us for a quote if you require expedited shipping. Expedited shipping only applies to transit times, not the processing time. We do NOT ship to PO Boxes.
Orders process and ship within 3-7 business days upon receipt of full payment and a valid FFL if applicable.
Free UPS Shipping Option only applies to accessory items. To qualify, the total value of qualifying items must be at least $199.00 to ship free. Any non-qualifying items and orders not meeting the minimum value will incur our standard shipping charges.
This map shows the UPS Transit Time from Buds for Long-Guns.
All handguns are shipped via a 2-day UPS delivery service.
Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico
- Shipping charges to to these areas may be higher than our standard charges.
- Returns are ONLY accepted for merchandise found defective immediately upon receipt and returned within 10 calendar days of receipt.
- Accessory items that have been opened from the manufacturer packaging will not be accepted for return.
- Returns will NOT be accepted for any accessories that have been installed/mounted. Most accessory items have a manufacturer warranty. Please contact the manufacturer if there are any issues with / post installation.
- Original shipping charges are NOT refunded if the item is NOT found to be defective. Customers will be responsible for return shipping in these cases. These orders may be subject to a 10% restocking fee.
- All Ammunition Sales / Ammo Components are Final and Non-Returnable.
- Scopes / Optics Sales - Customers must work through the manufacturer if a defect is not identified immediately upon receipt.
NEW FIREARM RETURNS
- VERY IMPORTANT - FIREARM RETURNS!! Please take your time to inspect all firearms thoroughly BEFORE proceeding with the transfer. Once a new firearm is transferred to you, it is considered used, even if un-fired. Consequently, we cannot accept returns on firearms once they have been transferred into your possession. Also, we DO NOT reimburse FFL transfer fees on returned items. **Upon discovering a defect AFTER the transfer, the firearm MUST be returned directly to the the manufacturer for replacement or repair (in accordance with manufacturer's warranty policy). By sending a defective firearm directly to the manufacturer, you can avoid the unnecessary transfer fees associated with returning the firearm to us through your local FFL dealer. Manufacturer repaired firearms can be returned directly to the customer without additional FFL transfer or associated fees. BudsGunShop.com will provide a prepaid label to ship the firearm to the manufacturer, if a prepaid label is not covered under their warranty.
- In the case of failed background checks and incorrect ordering original shipping charges are NOT refunded if the item is NOT found to be defective. Customers will be responsible for return shipping in these cases. These orders may be subject to a 10% restocking fee.
- Used Guns: Customers have 10 calendar days from the date of transfer to request a return, unless the Buds Lifetime Warranty is purchased. BudsGunShop.com will accept a return on your used item for a full refund during this time frame if the item is malfunctioning. Shipping arrangements for the used item will be made solely at BudsGunShop.com discretion.
- If items are found defective upon receipt, BudsGunShop.com will provide YOUR CHOICE of a replacement item (pending availability) or full refund AND pay the return shipping cost. For your added convenience, BudsGunShop.com will also arrange for the defective items to be picked up and returned to us by the original shipper (for firearms only). PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RETURN PACKAGES TO THE ADDRESS ON THE BOX AS WE WILL BE UNABLE TO VERIFY YOUR RETURN AND ISSUE A REPLACEMENT OR REFUND.
1800 South Main Street
Paris, KY 40361
PICKING UP ITEMS FROM OUR RETAIL STORE
If you intend to pick up an order from our retail store, please allow 4 business days before attempting pickup. When your order is ready for pickup, you will receive an email informing you that your order has arrived and is available, typically in 4-7 business days.
We must charge Kentucky sales tax (6%) if you pick a gun up from the retail store. (You should see this amount calculated into your order before you complete your purchase).
If you are not a legal resident of Kentucky, you cannot pick up a handgun from our store; you must have the gun transferred to a dealer in your state. You may pick up a rifle or shotgun from our store if it is legal to own it in your state of residence.