Reviewed By: Juergen G on 01/16/2010
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]
Cleaned it all out as well as I could but there was still some cosmoline oozing once firing started, from nooks and crannies that I hadn't gotten. I must say I am impressed to no end by how easy this schtick is to take apart. My twice as expensive and 60 years younger CX4 Storm takes more time to dissassemble.
I went to a friend today and we put about 150 rounds downrange. A few observations:
- a few failures to load the cartridges properly, can't say if it was more with the Tapco mag or the metal Rumanian one
- once the cartridge was properly seated it fired each time and every time. No ejection problems or misfeeds
- the front end got awfully hot, need to get a forend cover with better heat dissipation, I think
- the buttstock was too long and too slippery for me, I will replace it with a shorter collapsible/adjustable one
- my friends 1100$ AR had a many times better fit and finish. The AK looked crude and haphazard in comparison. However, the AR jammed twice the AK didn't.
- no problems whatsorever with cheap Wolf ammo.
The transaction with Bud's was fine, it did take longer than I had expected but I had ordered around Christmas so there was simply a lot going on both at Bud's and at UPS at the time.
Century should clean the guns more thoroughly, I found metal shavings inside from opening up the magazine well. The bajonet that came with it was bent at the tip but frankly I don't need it anyway.
Overall I am very pleased with this gun and the buying experience!
Display Product Review on Full Page