Skip to content

shopping cart uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. Details can be found in our Privacy Notice.


  • Legal Georgia

    Community Default Avatar
    in Accessory

  • I have a 300 blackout ARP am I allowed to have an adjustable stock on the back in the state of Georgia?

    4 Answers

You must log in to ask, or respond to a question
  • Community Default Avatar
    by - Lifetime Points: 65154
    Chosen as Best Answer
  • Hi David, short answer is no Sir. If the barrel is less than 16 inches, the only way to add an adjustable Stock/Brace is to register it as an SBR (Short Barreled Rifle) and pay a $200 Tax Stamp. 16 inch or longer barrel is perfectly legal. Cheers and stay safe!

  • Community Default Avatar
    by - Lifetime Points: 6405
  • David, no not without a tax stamp. Unfortunately a stock or because of Biden/atf you can't even add a pistol brace without registering it with the atf and paying for a $200 tax stamp. Unfortunately the atf just changed the definition of a stock to include pistol braces. So adding a brace or stock to a pistol changes it from a pistol into a SBR/short barreled rifle and those type of firearms require a lengthy process of getting a tax stamp for. So you can add a stock/brace but before doing so you would have to register it with the ATF, pay $200 for the stamp, fill out alot of paperwork, get finger prints, and wait likely 6 months to a year for them to process your form before you can add the stock to your pistol. They make sure it's such a Hassle to add one that it makes you not want to anymore. Sorry but hope this helps.

  • Community Default Avatar
    by - Lifetime Points: 7263
  • David, no, putting a stock on your ARP will turn it into a short barrel rifle. You would need to register it with the ATF and pay a $200 tax before you put the stock on.

  • Community Default Avatar
    by - Lifetime Points: 307
  • It's illegal to possess the following arms in Georgia:
    Sawed-off shotgun or rifle.
    Machine gun.
    Dangerous weapon ("rocket launcher," "bazooka" or "recoilless rifle," "mortar," "hand grenade") or silencer.
    So to answer your question...yes, perfectly legal.

Receive Money Saving Offers

Enter your email address to receive our best deals and other store updates.

Connect With Us

Buy With Confidence

4,421,238 Customers Since 2003
1,812 Currently Online

Copyright © 2003 - 2023 All Rights Reserved. (NW2)


Shopping Cart

Wish List

Please log in to view your wish list.